Emergency Response and Situational Awareness, Care Planning for Residents, and LGBTQ Considerations in Long Term Care
- Emergency Response and Situational Awareness (1 Hour)
- Care Planning for Residents (.75 Hour)
- LGBTQ Considerations in Long Term Care (.75 Hour)
Credit Hours: 3
- Define LGBTQ and Commonalities.
- Understanding LGBTQ staff and concerns.
- Understand LGBTQ healthcare considerations.
- Recognize considerations for LGBTQ residents.
- Define what care planning is.
- Discuss the components of care planning.
- Introduce the step-by-step approach to correctly implementing the requirements needed for a care plan.
- Discuss federal guidelines and laws in the development of the care plan.
- Discuss the importance of appropriate care planning.
- Understand and recognize medical emergencies in long-term care facilities.
- Strategies for responding to common emergencies and delivering basic first aid to residents in long-term care.
- Develop situational awareness of your environment and residents.