Alzheimer’s Disease, Prevention of Aggressive Behavior, Meaningful Activities, & Advanced Stress Management
(4) modules include (4) webinars and covering the subject topics
Advanced Stress Management in Long-Term Care (1 Hour)
Prevention of Aggressive Behavior and De-escalation Techniques (1 Hour)
Introduction to Alzheimer’s Disease (0.5 Hour)
Meaningful Activities for Dementia Residents in Assisted Living (0.5 Hour)
Credit Hours: 3.5
- Understand what stress is as it relates to the healthcare professional.
- Learn to identify different signs of stress and causes.
- Identify techniques to reduce, manage, and alleviate stress.
- Understand the subtle ways stress can affect you negatively.
- Identify the common causes of aggressive behavior.
- List several early warning signs that a client may become aggressive.
- Understand and discuss methods to prevent a patient or resident from becoming aggressive.
- Understand what to do if a patient becomes aggressive towards you.
- Understand Alzheimer’s Signs and Symptoms.
- Be aware of Alzheimer’s effects on the brain.
- Familiarize yourself with diagnosing Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Become knowledgeable about the stages of the disease.
- Familiarize yourself with the basic principles of care for Alzheimer’s residents.
- Describe the benefits of meaningful activities.
- Discuss general considerations of individual and group activities.
- Ideas for individual and group activities.