Food Allergies, Isolated Resident Nutrition, Modified Food and Thickened Liquids for Assisted Living Residents
- Food Allergies (1 Hour)
- Isolated Resident Nutrition (1 Hour)
- Modified Food and Thickened Liquids (1 Hour)
Credit Hours: 3.5
- Food Allergies for Residents in Long-Term Care.
- Understanding food sensitivities, food allergies, and reactions.
- Common food allergies and management for residents.
- Isolated Residents’ Nutrition Care and Precautions.
- Understanding the problems associated with Isolated residents and types of isolation.
- Infection control best practices for isolated residents.
- Protocols for tray delivery and pickup.
- Feeding and care techniques for isolated residents.
- Modified Food Textures and Thickened Liquids Assisted Living Residents
Understanding modified food textures and thickened liquids and dysphagia.
- Various diets including Puree, Mechanically altered, Advanced or Chopped Diets, and Thickened Liquids.