Preventing Back Injuries, Facility Infection Control, Geriatric Pharmacology, and Common Geriatric Emergencies in Assisted Living
- Geriatric Pharmacology – Including Pain Management, Food and Drug Interactions, and Sleep Disorders (0.5 Hour)
- Common Geriatric Emergencies in Assisted Living (1 Hour)
- Infection Control Coronavirus COVID 19 – (0.5 Hour)
- Preventing Back Injuries for Assisted Living Staff (1 Hour)
Credit Hours: 3.5
- Understand and define some of the common health conditions for which the geriatric population requires medications. Be able to list and/or recognize the medications commonly prescribed to treat sleep disorders, pain management, and constipation. Understand and discuss the side effects of the medications prescribed to treat common health complaints among geriatric patients. Be able to identify and recognize the food and drug interactions of some common medications prescribed to geriatric patients. Discuss common emergencies of geriatric residents and how to prevent them. Discuss how to recognize sudden changes in the physical condition and how to initiate emergency treatment. Understand infection control and its importance in LTC settings. Recognize PPE, donning, and offing PPD. Be aware of COVID 19 Coronavirus. Familiarize yourself with Universal Precautions and be knowledgeable of OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens. Understand facility-specific infection control policies and procedures.