- Care and Management of Urinary Catheter (1 Hour)
Constipation Precautions and Management in Assisted Living (1 Hour)
COPD Management in Assisted Living (1.25 Hour)
Credit Hours: 3.75
- Understand the Urinary System.
- Define In-dwelling Catheter.
- Determine catheter components Recognize complications with catheters.
- Understand the caregiver’s responsibilities.
- Understand the anatomy and function of the gastrointestinal system.
- Learn to identify different causes of constipation, specifically in the elderly population.
- Be able to properly assess and recognize signs & symptoms of constipation.
- Understand the complications constipation can cause if left uncared for.
- Be able to identify various pharmacological methods that can be used to manage constipation.
- COPD Definition.
- Signs and Symptoms and effects on the respiratory system.
- Limitation for COPD Residents.
- Acute COPD Exacerbation.
- Treatment Options.
- Common Medications and Medication Side Effects.
- Interventions to Improve Life.