Effective Leadership, Human Trafficking, and Federal Laws and Concerns for Long Term Care
- Federal Laws and Concerns for Long Term Care (1 Hour)
- Effective Leadership (1 Hour)
- Human Trafficking (1 Hour)
Credit Hours: 3.5
- Discuss the origin and implication(s) to Long Term Care employers, employees, and patients under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Civil Rights Act of 1991, The Rehabilitation Act of 1993, Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, and The Fair Housing Act.
- Be able to define what both a leader and a manager are and understand the difference.
- Be able to identify the key characteristics and actions that separate a manager from a leader.
- Understand different leadership styles and be able to identify your own.
- Understand how to “grow your inner leader”.
- Define types of trafficking and identify high-risk individuals.
- Recognizing trafficking victims, how to prevent and report human trafficking